Field Trip Information:
I am so excited about our field trip tomorrow! It looks like it’s going to be a HOT one! I want to send along a couple of reminders.
- It is going to be HOT! Please make sure that the children have plenty of water to drink. We will be encouraging them to drink throughout the day.
- Children will need to bring a lunch with them. Please, no glass bottles!
- They can have a snack on the ride up, and the ride back. Please send two snacks that do NOT include nuts. There are 2nd graders with nut allergies, and we want to ensure their safety on the bus. Cut fruit is a great idea, since we can’t have drinks on the bus.
- If children bring electronic devices, the games must be school appropriate, and they are responsible for them. I told the children that they will need to carry them with them. We cannot leave them on the bus.
- We will be outside most of the afternoon. Please apply bug spray and sunscreen in the morning. I cannot give any to them.
- We will be leaving at 8:15, and returning to the school by 4. Children will need to be picked up at 4, at the school. If your child is being picked up by someone other than yourself, please let me know so that we can ensure their safety!
Thank you for all of your help making this such a fun day for the 2nd graders! If you have any questions or concerns, as always, feel free to contact me!
Field Day Information:
Tuesday is Field Day and New Boston Central School. Your students will come home with a class t-shirt tomorrow that I would like them to wear for field day. We will spend some time signing each others t-shirts after field day is over.
As we will be on the lower field for the entire morning, I strongly suggest sunscreen, bug spray, and a water bottle.
We will attend the school-wide awards assembly on Friday morning, and the remainder of the week will be spent on end of the year activities and a special gift for those special fathers!
End of the Year Party:
I find the end of the year to be quite hectic, as we have so much going on school-wide. I do not host a typical end of the year party, but instead will make the last day of school extra special for the kiddos with a movie, and a few surprise gifts. If you would like to donate water, popcorn, or a treat (please make sure everything is nut free) for the kiddos to enjoy during the movie, just let me know!